- November 24, 2022 at 5:28 pm #9707
Hello. I was wondering how I can make these connections with realtors to gain their business when I am a new LO with little to no experience doing home purchases. How do I navigate that to sell myself? I don’t want to drop the ball but at the same time I want that business and know I will be needing it now and later.
- November 25, 2022 at 12:16 pm #9709Taryn DoverParticipant
What state are you in? I am also a New LO and we could work on tactics together for lead generation and see what really converts!
- November 25, 2022 at 12:54 pm #9710
For sure. I am in California. But I have my license in CA, WA and working on Florida.
I’ve been an LO since April 2021 but left after a few months to focus on a family business but now I’m 100% in since 4 months ago.
- November 28, 2022 at 10:48 am #9712Dustin OwenKeymaster
Hey ya’ll –
Here’s my two cents:
– Focus on your local market first. You are tryin go build your local following, your local network in order to be a local community expert. Worry less about obtaining licenses in other states unless you have a really good reason. (i.e. I used to live there and have 5 best friends who are successful Realtors in that state.)
– When you are new, you can build meaningful relationships with local real estate agents by being willing to do what others won’t. Such as:
*Work their older, colder leads – Ask them for a list of all the buyers who inquired about buying a home over the past 2 years and offer to call, text and e-mail those people on
behalf of the agent to see who you can convert into a warm buyer again
*Be willing to help them set-up and work open-houses
*Be willing to go door-knocking with them
*Be willing to pick up the phone from 7am – 9pm (Monday – Sunday)
*If you have a product that others don’t or are willing to originate a product others won’t attempt bring those agents those products as a way to help more buyers qualify to buy a
*When they do refer you a buyer lead, religiously work that lead like crazy and always reach back out to the referring agent with a update. You should work that lead for weeks,
months or even years if that is what it takes. (WARNING: Only work the leads you have predetermined will actually qualify. There is not need “working” a 480 credit score who can’t
hold down a job.)
*Be willing to introduce them to business / lead generating opportunities such working a particular community event or adapting a company with a decent presence in your market and
hosting homebuyer events for their associates.
*I am NOT a big fan of this next one (FULL DISCLOSURE) but I know plenty who have had success with it…be willing to co-market (aka spend $$$) on leads via Zillow, Realtor.com
*Be the person who connects them to other top producing agents in the market via Realtor Mastermind you host and moderate
*Be an accountability partner to them
- December 2, 2022 at 3:49 am #9768
Best answer I’ve come across. Thank you so much!!! I will chat with them and get those older leads. I will also offer the products others don’t so I’m needed. Thanks D.O.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.